Capital Gains Tax

Enjoying a windfall from the sale of a house or other property that has gained a lot of value can come with a sting in the tail. Tap our capital gains tax specialist accountant for help.

Capital gains tax (CGT) is due when you sell assets and make a profit due to the increase in value. Most commonly this is a second home, but it could be other high-value property, such as antiques or shares.

Fortunately, there are reliefs and allowances for these profits, and much may depend on the rate of tax you pay on your income and what the tax-free income threshold is for that year. Also, remember you do not have to pay CGT on the sale of your main residence or your car.

why choose us?

Why Choose SenigUK

Need help calculating capital gains tax? Count on us to not just calculate and minimise tax but also provide sound advice on stocks and other products.

We can help you with:

how it works

Get Free Financial Advice in 3 Easy Steps

Find out if we’re a good fit by booking a free initial consultation with our friendly advisors.

Explore Our Services

If you don’t see what you need, talk to us and we’ll make special arrangements for you.

Book An Appointment

Request a free, no-obligation quote. We’ll identify your needs and see how we can add value to your business.

Get Tailor-Made Solutions

Get free financial advice from our chartered accountants and find the perfect solution tailor-made for you.


Other Services

Company Formation

Switch from sole trader to Ltd, set up your company within 24 hours and register an office address easily.


Corporation Tax Return

Take full control of your corporation tax and take advantage of tax reliefs available for your company.



Auto-enrol your staff into a company pension scheme. Talk to our experts for all things pension accounting.